If nursing your beloved paddle board?
As all sup fans know, a paddle is actually very strong, but that doesn't mean it's invulnerable or indestructible, so careful care will ensure both the performance of the paddle and its longevity. But if, you are worried or are experiencing some small problems with the paddle, such as: cleaning, air leakage...don't worry! Now to solve your little worries:
How to repair a paddle board?
If you already own a Fayean inflatable paddle, what should you do if there is glue opening or air leakage during use? Don't worry, Fayean's standard "small orange tube" is enough to solve these small problems for you.
1. Inflate the inflatable board to 7-10PSI, and spray soapy water on the area that may leak air. If air leaks, air bubbles will be formed in this area.
2. Find the air leak area, mark it well, and deflate the paddle completely. Cover the perimeter to be repaired with masking tape or tape to prevent glue spillage. (Before repairing, wipe the surface of the air leak clean. The X in the figure represents the air leak)
3. Take out the PVC sheet in the repair cylinder, cut out a suitable shape, and apply glue (smear evenly).
4. Attach it to the leaking place and press it.
5. Let it stand for 48 hours, when the glue is dry, tear off the tape.
1. Charge the inflatable board to 7-10PSI, find the place where the glue is opened, and cover the surrounding area to be repaired with masking tape or tape to prevent the glue from rubbing into other places. (The same is true for air leakage. Before repairing, wipe the surface of the glue opening.)
2. Squeeze out the glue, spread it evenly along the glued area, and then smooth it out. (The black line in the figure represents the opening of the glue)
3. Let it stand for 48 hours, when the glue is completely dry, tear off the masking tape. (similarly leaking)
How to clean the paddle board?
1. After use, be sure to rinse the paddle. After you ride for a day, the sediment, water plants and other debris in the river will adhere to the surface of the paddle board. If it is not cleaned and packed, these debris will damage the texture of the paddle board surface.
2. If you like to soar in the sea, in addition to cleaning the surface of the paddle board, you also need to dry the paddle board. If an inflatable paddle is stored without drying, the residual seawater on the surface can damage the appearance of the paddle over time.
3. Do not use any cleaning agents containing chemicals (not even soap) when cleaning. Just sprinkle water with the hose and let it air dry.
Remember: do not expose to the sun.
Direct sunlight causes natural thermal expansion. This can put pressure on the seams of the paddle, especially if the paddle has been inflated to maximum air pressure.
How to store paddle boards?
After using the paddle, remember to remove all accessories to avoid scratching the paddle when packing it; then be sure to rinse it with clean water and dry the water to ensure that the paddle is dry when folded and stored.
Although inflatable paddles are primarily designed for easy storage in a bag, people with storage space (for example, in a garage) often leave their paddles partially inflated. If you use the paddle a lot, you don't want to deflate and inflate every time. It is recommended that you let off a small amount of air to prevent the temperature of the storage place from being too high, and the thermal expansion will damage the side seals of the board and cause air leakage.
Again, too much heat can cause natural expansion, stressing the seams and possibly even cracking the paddle. In general, extreme temperature swings are not friendly to anything human-made, let alone an inflatable paddleboard. The ideal storage method and location is to clean, fold and store in normal climate (between 5°-45°).
Overall, maintaining an inflatable paddle board is very simple. Just follow the steps above, be careful when working with sharp objects, and you can enjoy your paddleboard to the fullest.